Wednesday 12 November 2008

fly tying club hillpark secondry

I have recently joined a fly tying club which i have wanted to do for a long time as I've heard that their is a great amount of knowledge to be had from people who have been tying for a number of years and i must say i am enjoying it to the full and the members all seem to be very nice people who are passionate in their tying as i am and are always willing to give advice and offer help so were is this great club ,well it is held in Hillpark secondary school every Friday from 7pm till 9.30 pm and costs a very reasonable 2 quid which is nothing is it and i am sure they would love more members along,so if you are interested just contact me via this site and i will pass anything you want to know onto you through an e-mail and i will see you their,
I feel i am coming on in leaps and bounds in my tying although i am in need of some new materials so as i can attempt more patterns which right now my main interest is winged wets and spider patterns with the latter being one that i seem to tie to a passable standard in fact I've even had people trying to but these from me but until i am sure i can manage a good line of flys in good supply then i wont be putting my tying name to the test until I'm totally sure and have tried and tested them out which is going to be my main objective for the season coming as i intend to fill a few boxes with different type patterns for trying out on my local as you all should know to be the kelvin, so until then i will be trying new patterns and new methods and if i manage to get them right i will be showing them off no worries on here and other places around the net and in fact with the net the great thing is you get to show them off around the world ,fantastic ain't it folk's well i just cant wait...

No comments: