Tuesday 3 June 2008


well fish coming to hand at last and to the dry fly too " Blue dun" fished up stream ,i actually missed this fish 3-4 times to my great frustration then eventually with the right technique i lifted into this lovely looking trout of around 3/4 pound which put up quite a scrap for its size and left me wondering if in fact it was a small sea trout due to its silvery colour but i then thought i cant see a sea trout of this size getting up over the falls at yorkhill so i put it down to being a brownie which I'm sure is the right description .
over the next few weeks I'm going to have a go at doing some step by step tying of a couple of flys I'm comfortable in tying now that i use to good effect on the kelvin and as a list i can probably say they will be the klinkhammer ,elk hair caddis, f-fly , pheasant tail nymph ,hairs ear nymph, in many variations and then the spiders of course i have quite a few variations of these to along side the better known ones so that should be interesting to say the least if only to give people a laugh and allow for much criticism which i will take with great pleasure if its to help my tying to get better but their are a few that I'm sure may not win the hearts of the pros but will satisfy the common among us "lol" so ill be of now to think what to wright in the blog later tonight as i am going to add to this thread later as I've got things to do just now thanks for reading and remember please leave comment on the blog page its what keeps people writing also over the next few weeks I'm hoping to be able to expand the places I'm fishing so as to give more reports on diffrent places....

No comments: